Come Train for the CDA Half Ironman 70.3 with us!
Fleet Feet Sports Spokane is excited to offer this quality-based training program for athletes preparing for the CDA Half Ironman in June 2017. We look forward to training with you. This 16-week phase is designed to help you develop your fitness base, build strength and speed, and finish with specific distance endurance training. This session will be coached by Wade Pannell and mentored by experienced 70.3 and IM distance athletes. Their expertise, coupled with your hard work, will help guide you to a strong finish whether it’s your first time completing the 70.3 distance or you are targeting an age group PR.
Phase 2 - 70.3 Event Training - 16 weeks, $175+tax
March 7, 2017 - June 25, 2017
- Training begins March 7th, 2017
- Group Workouts will be on Tuesdays at 5:30pm and Saturdays at 8am.
- This group is currently capped at 50 participants
- 16 week training program delivered via Training Peaks
- 6 weeks Base
- 5 weeks Strength
- 3 weeks race-specific endurance
- 2 weeks taper
- 1 clinic per week to develop triathlon specific skills. Clinics will be both education and workout based. Examples of clinics include (Intro to Triathlon, HR Based Training, Bike Handling Skills, Recovery Basics, Hill Repeats, Performance Nutrition, Swim Form, Open Water Swim (OWS) Techniques and Strategies, etc.)
- 1 organized group training effort per week focused on cycling and running
- Recommended fitness level prior to start
- Swim - 1000yd continuous freestyle swim
- Bike - 90 min. continuous ride
- Run - 5 mile minimum distance run
- Preferred completion of 1 sprint distance triathlon
Team Kit Option
You will have the opportunity to purchase our Fleet Feet Sports Spokane Team Tri Kit by Louis Garneau. This will be a design exclusive to Fleet Feet Sports Spokane and we will pass on the kit at our costs + 10% handling fees. We are currently working on the designs, so stay tuned!
Questions about this training? You can email Wade Pannell at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about the programs.
OR visit us in store to complete your Registration!